Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Pecorino on the beach (Cheese No. 17)

As mentioned in the previous post, one of the best cheeses I've had the chance to try since starting this project was one that I had quite recently: Pecorino. I was quasi-abandoned on a beach with a block of this cheese, half a bottle of red wine, and a biography of Jane Jacobs, which led to a lovely few hours of drinking wine, shaving off bits of cheese, and reading about my former neighbour. The Pecorino was so flavourful that I would break off small bits and suck on them until they dissolved in my mouth. I didn't take a picture of it, nor do I really know anything about it except that it was purchased at St. Lawrence Market. It's one to seek out, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Romano pecorino is an italian cheese made from Sheeps Milk, if you liked it you could also try Romano Lupa (a more age version of the same cheese) or Pecorino pepato ( pecorino aged with pepper, which gives it a tangy flavor).